If you still prefer the look and feel of a traditional analog watch, or you are not ready to pay a wad of cash for a designer hybrid smartwatch, perhaps you should look at the Stark (Smart Hour) smartwatch. The name had to be changed at the last minute due to copyright issues.
Now known as SMHR (Smart Hour), the watch is set to defy the trend of what a smartwatch could look like. This hybrid is different. It doesn’t have anything on its face except two LEDs above the 6-hour mark and two analog hands. You’ll be able to view all your data on the SMHR app.
The device is water-resistant up to a depth of 30 meters, meaning you can take it for a swim, comes in a stainless steel casing, with an accelerometer housed underneath to help track your daily activities. Which means you’ll be able to keep tabs on your steps, calories burnt, sleep cycle and distance traveled, while also being able to sync all those stats to Apple Health. It even alerts you if you’re inactive for long periods and you can even shake the watch to take photos.
The design is minimalistic so you can take it to the office and use it as a daily driver. What you need to note is that like most analog watches, the SMHR doesn’t have the ability to recharge. So you’ll likely be replacing the batteries every few months.
Right now you can pre-order one for a US $40 pledge on Kickstarter. And don’t worry you are getting a cheap knockoff. This thing is packed to the gills with tech.
SMART FEATURES include:
- Compatibility with iOS and Android devices
- Ability to set step count goals
- Track Steps
- Distance Tracking
- Record Run Routes/Times/Distance/Speed
- Track Calories Burned
- Inactivity alert
- Track your Sleep
- Set Alarms
- Receive Phone Notifications (Text/SMS and Calls)
- Disconnect Alert
- Shake Watch To Remotely Take Photos
- Smart Hour App Syncs With Apple Health App
- Find Watch Feature
- Data Sharing with friends and family
- Turn LEDs and Alarm Noise Off/On For Each Feature
- Case Diameter: 42 mm
- Case Thickness: 11 mm
- Face Diameter: 36 mm
- Band Material: Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Band Max/Min Length: 21cm/15.5cm
- Band Width: 22 mm
- Case Material: Stainless Steel
- Back Plating: 304 Stainless Steel. Back screws of with back removal tool (included with purchase), which allows for quick and easy battery changes.
- Clasp: Standard Buckle Clasp
- Clasp Material: Stainless Steel
- Dial Window Material: Blue Film Glass
- Display: 2-hand Analog
- Water Resistant: 3 ATM / 30 Meters
- Uses Two Batteries (one for movement, one for smart module)
- Movement: Epson AL20
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- Bluetooth 4.0
Battery (Smart Module)
- Battery: CR2032
- Battery Life: 4 Months Normal Use
- Battery: Vinnic L626
- Battery Life: 2 Years
You can check out their kick starter campaign here.