Beside’s watching the quality of food you eat and the amounts you’re consuming AND working out, why not try these two supplements to help boost your burn rate.
L-carnitine and Conjugated Linolic Acid (CLA)
L-Carnitine isn’t something new in the market, it’s been around awhile., it just doesn’t get as much attention as the other sexier “Fat Burners” in the market today. Naturally, L-carnitine is formed in the liver and kidneys from the amino acids lysine and methionine. A number of studies have been conducted on L-Carnitine showing positive results when supplementing with it. So you don’t have to worry thinking this is just another fad.
Here are four reasons why you should be taking L-Carnitine.
1) L-Carnitine has been shown to reduce fatigue and act as an appetite suppressant. Whats more important is that L-Carnitine helps transfer long chain fatty acids into mitochondria, where they will be oxidized to produce energy. It won’t just keep your body from storing fat, it will also increase your aerobic capacity.
2) It’s amazing for hard gainers. Supplementing with this will help you increase your strength levels. Meaning, you can lift heavier. Nuff Said.
3) Getting older? Bone loss is a concern for both Men and Women alike. As we age the risk for of fractures like osteoporosis, arthritis among other bone diseases increase, This is where L-Carnitine comes in handy. L-Carnitine slows down bone loss and improves bone micro structural properties by decreasing bone turnover.
4) L-Carnitine acts like anti-oxidant. It can help prevent damage to your healthy cells by free-radicals. Which also helps during training.
CLA is found in meat and dairy products and is a source of omega-6 polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. Which cannot be produced in the human body, so it has to be obtained from the food we consume. It is also currently of interest to the scientific community for its anti cancer properties.
Here are four reasons why you should be taking CLA.
1) Increases your metabolic rate which as we all know is good for weight loss.
2) Helps lower the bad cholesterol and triglycerides, which is also ways good for people who have high cholesterol levels.
3) Helps lower insulin resistance to prevent diabetes.
4) CLA supplementation has shown improved lean mass to body fat ratio.
Now here’s why to combine the two.
CLA helps prevent the storage of fat and breaks down the fat. L-Carnitine then transports long chain fatty acids from the blood into mitochondrial cells where it burned and used as energy.
Note: For an effective dose, you’ll need to be taking at least 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine per day and at least 5 grams of CLA a day.
Of course, you are not going to instantly see a change in your body by just popping a few pills. It’s going to take work and a few months of it before you really notice a difference. But your body will thank you for it.
Like everything you’re going to take for your weight goals, always consult your doctor before hand.